Teresa Au is the Managing Director of Gold Spring Investment Ltd., Goldwell Creation Ltd., both founded by her & her husband to take care of their own family’s private investment portfolio in fixed income, equity and real estate management & investment for long term growth. Every year, a percentage of the companies’ net profit has been put aside to support small but meaningful community / charity projects.
Teresa is an experienced Banker, early retired from the HSBC Group’s top core management team since 2012 after working with the Bank for 30 years in various senior positions. Her last 3 roles with The HSBC Group between 2001 to 2012 were：
1. Regional Head of Corporate Sustainability, reporting directly to the Regional Chairman and Regional CEO, taking charge of the Group’s social and sustainable policies, including sustainable lending guidelines and green project financing, community engagement and investment strategies via the HongkongBank Foundation, and their effective implementation across HK, China and 14 countries in the Asia Pacific Region;
2. Regional Head of Personal Banking, Teresa was responsible for driving the retail banking & wealth management sales & service business strategies, distribution & channel strategies including online, direct & branch banking business development across HK, Greater China & 14 other countries in the Asia Pacific region. Her portfolio has contributed to more than one-half of the Group’s overall net profit from the banking business;
3. Regional Head of Organization Development and Talent Development, responsible for the human capital development including the learning & development, talent retention initiatives, managing diversity & inclusive strategies, and managing the corporate culture change programs in support of the organizational change across Hong Kong, China and Asia Pacific region.
Teresa is also active in the public domain. In the last 12 years, she has been appointed by the HKSAR Government to serve in various statutory & advisory bodies as below：
- The Advisory Council for the Environment
- Director, Hong Kong Business Environmental Council
- The Advisory Committee of Partnership Fund for the Disadvantaged
- The Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation Committee
- The Women’s Commission
- The Lump Sum Grant Steering Committee for Social Welfare Service
- The Lump Sum Grant Independent Complaints Handling Committee
- Independent Commission on Remuneration for Members of the District Councils
- The Advisory Committee for Enhancing Self Reliance through District Partnership
- The Investment Advisory Committees of the Police Children Education Trust and the Police Education & Welfare Trust
- Review Committee on Ordinance & Guidelines for Elderly Centres and Disabled Homes
- The Basic Law Promotion Steering Committee
- The Management Committee of the Arts Development Fund for Persons with Disabilities
- Chairperson for the Grant Committee of the Art Development Fund
- The Appeal Board of Town Planning
Aside from the above public service, Teresa is also personally engaged in many voluntary community service as follows：
- Independent Board Director & EXCO, Society for Protection & Care for Animals (SPCA)
- Chairperson, Revenue Generation Committee of SPCA
- Executive Committee member, Heep Hong Society
- Chairman, General Donation & Special Event Committee, Community Chest HK
- Member, Admission, Budgets & Allocation Committee, Community Chest HK
- Founding member, Business for Social Good, Our Hong Kong Foundation
- Founder, Social Enterprise Business Centre, HSBC & Hong Kong Council of Social Service
- HK Council for Accreditation of Academic & Vocational Qualifications for Financial Services
- School Manager, the Incorporated Management Committee, HKUGA College
- Advisor, Social Welfare Service Committee, Yan Oi Tong
- Sustainability Advisory Committee, the LINK Real Estate Trust
- Judging Panel, The Benchmark Wealth Management, Banking & Insurance Awards HK
- Juror, Sustainable Knowledge Transfer Funding Projects, Chinese University of HK
Teresa was graduated from the University of Hong Kong with double majors in Economics and Business Management in 1982. She was a qualified Certified Financial Management Planner and the Responsible Investment Officer for HSBC HK. She had further her executive studies at the Oxford University, Harvard University, the Cambridge University and Tsinghua University on Global Strategic Leadership Development, Corporate Social Responsibility beyond Philanthropy, Sustainable Business Development for a Better global Environment, and China Adminstrative & Economic Development Program respectively.
Teresa was born in 1960, married to David Kan, and her 2 adult daughter and son are now pursuing their careers in London and Madrid. She enjoys travel, art and playing tennis, both social and competitively. She is an artist in watercolor painting, has participated in a number of public painting exhibitions in the last 6 years as well as donated a number of her paintings for private charity auctions.
In this 3rd stage of her life, Teresa is committed to develop her personal interests and leverage on her own experience & expertise to contribute back to the community in different ways.