Hong Kong-Nansha Cooperation
Nansha is China’s sixth “New Community” set up by the State, and also Guangzhou’s twin city hub. It presents enormous development opportunities as a “Comprehensive Cooperation Demonstration Zone” of the Greater Bay Area, as well as huge potential for mutual growth with Hong Kong.
In the forum on “Hong Kong-Nansha Cooperation”, experts from the government, industries, the academia, and research sectors from Hong Kong and Guangzhou pooled their wisdom together to explore new opportunities that the integrated strengths of Hong Kong and Nansha can co-create.
Nansha boasts a diversified economic base underpinned by strong pillar industries and rapid-growth high-end industries. It pursues a robust incentive policy to lure talents. The forum shed light on the development of Nansha, and its huge opportunities for talents to ride on the benefits of China’s national development.
The forum is jointly organised by Hong Kong Coalition, Our Hong Kong Foundation (OHKF), and Consultative Committee on Guangdong-Hong Kong Co-operation (Guangzhou Nansha).
Guest Speakers include:
Nansha Today: Blueprint for Growth, Industry Base, Talent Strategy
- Yue Yi, Chairman, Consultative Committee on Guangdong-Hong Kong Co-operation (Guangzhou Nansha); Former Vice Chairman and Chief Executive, Bank of China (Hong Kong) Limited
- Xie Xiaohui, Vice Chairman, CPPCC Nansha District Committee; Director, Nansha District Bureau of Commerce
- Prof Lionel Ni, Founding President, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (Guangzhou)
Nansha Tomorrow: Opportunities, Tech Innovation, Business Development
- Xu Ze, Vice Chairman, Consultative Committee on Guangdong-Hong Kong Co-operation (Guangzhou Nansha); Former Deputy Director, Hong Kong and Macao Affairs Office; President, Chinese Association of Hong Kong and Macao Studies
- Thomas Lee, Expert (Hong Kong) of Special Working Group on Land Planning and Development, Consultative Committee on Guangdong-Hong Kong Co-operation (Guangzhou Nansha); President, The Hong Kong Institute of Planners; Chairman, Planners Registration Board
- Nicholas Kwan, Director of Research, Hong Kong Trade Development Council
Panel Discussion: Opportunities through Integrated Growth
- Ruan Xiaohong, Member, CPC Nansha District Committee
- Prof William Wong, Associate Dean (External Affairs) of the Faculty of Engineering, The Chinese University of Hong Kong; Member, The National Committee of Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference; President, Hong Kong & Guangzhou Innovation and Technology Association
- Eric Fok, Vice President, Fok Ying Tung Group; Standing Committee Member, Guangdong Provincial Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference; Chairman, Hong Kong Guangdong Youth Association; Vice Chairman, Guangzhou Youth Federation
- Joe Lee, Co-Founder, Kuaidi Dache; Chief Executive Officer, Klover InsurTech; Director, Enroute Incubator
- Andy Ng, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Timetable; Member (Hong Kong), Consultative Committee on Guangdong-Hong Kong Co-operation (Guangzhou Nansha)