- The nominee must be a permanent resident of Hong Kong.
- The nominee must demonstrate outstanding achievements in innovation, creativity or entrepreneurship, and have created evident impact.
- The nominee must have no less than three years of successful operating experiences and achievements in Hong Kong, which are related to the fields of innovation, such as science and technology, business model, social innovation, culture and creativity.
- The nominee must be nominated by an individual/an organisation.
- The nominator must be an individual aged 21 or above or an organisation registered in Hong Kong.
- There is no restriction on the number of nominations made by each nominator but self-nominations are not acceptable.