Mr. Pat-nie Woo
Pat is a Partner at KPMG China and he heads up the Sustainable Finance practice in Hong Kong. He is a core member of the KPMG China Steering Committee on Climate Change & Sustainability (“CC&S”) and is also a member of the KPMG Global CC&S network.
-Pat has been active for over 13 years in the field of sustainable development. In his previous capacity as a director at Central Textiles, through his leadership Central Textiles was the first textile company in Asia to issue a Sustainability Report under the Global Reporting Initiatives (“GRI”) Guidelines in 2008. The report subsequently received an award from the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (“ACCA”).
-Through his initiatives Central Textiles subsequently won the Gold Award for the Hang Seng Pearl River Delta Environmental Award in 2012 and the Hong Kong Award for Environmental Excellence (“HKAEE”) – Manufacturing Sector in 2013. He also helped KPMG win the HKAEE Silver Award –Service and Trading Sector in 2017.
-In 2018, Pat chaired the working group on the development of ESG strategy for Hong Kong for the Financial Services Development Council. Six recommendations were made which aims to catalysethe development of the sustainable finance market in Hong Kong. He continues to chair this group and remain a major proponent to ESG developments in the region.
-He holds many different roles in the sustainability field, such as:
- Chair of working group on ESG strategy for HK, Financial Services Development Council
- Member of the New Business Committee, Financial Services Development Council
- Representative of KPMG, founding member, Hong Kong Green Finance Association
- Member of United Nations Economic & Social Commission for Asia Pacific (“UNESCAP”) and their Sustainable Business Network Task Force on Banking and Finance
- Member of Sustainability Committee, Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the Environmental and Energy Committee, British Chamber of Commerce
- Member of Climate Change Business Forum Advisory Group, Business Environment Council