Dr. George So
- Bachelor and a Master Degree in Chemical Engineering (B.Sc., M.Sc.)
- Master Degree in Business Administration in Canada
- Honorary Doctor Degree of Engineering (D.Eng) in US
- Upon graduation, from 1985 onwards, George joined one of the Fortune 500 companies in Hong Kong - Dow Chemical Pacific Limited for 5 year. In order to broaden his experiences, he joined different companies like Alpha Metal Ltd, part of the Cookson America group, the Hutchinson Whampoa group and the News Corporation group companies.
- From 1997 to 2011, George joined DuPont China Limited as an Area Manager, Engineering Polymers and eventually moved to a General Manager position to oversee the overall Engineering Polymers business in Greater China.
- In 2004, he was seconded to the Corporate as the General Manager of Corporate Marketing.
- In 2007, He was put on a special project assignment to help DuPont to invest US$300 million in setting up a Global thin film Photovoltaics R & D headquarter in Hong Kong and a manufacturing facility in Shenzhen, China.
- Since 2011, he left the company and set up his own business as an Entrepreneur investing in Internet digital marketing, Cloud base ERP platform and APPS application, Industry 4.0, AR/VR Technology, Blockchain Technology as well as doing consulting work for Solar-related business.
- In 2001, 2003, 2007 and 2011, the Foshan Municipality of the Guangdong Government, invited George to become the member of the 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th Guangdong Foshan People’s Political Consultative Conference.
- In Hong Kong, He is currently the Chairman of the Unity of Hong Kong SME Limited, Founding Deputy Vice-President of Hong Kong Greater China SME Alliance Association, Founding Chairman of the Hong Kong Innovation Association, Founding Chairman of the Foshan Standing Committee of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao-Bay Area Economic and Trade Association, Founding Chairman of Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao-Bay Area Node, European Blockchain Hub, Founding Chairman of Greater China Node, Asia Blockchain Hub, Honorary Advisor of Hong Kong International Blockchain and Financial Association, Chairman of Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao-Bay Area Innovative and Technology and Knowledge Transfer Application Centre, Chairman of Foshan Global Innovative and Technology and Knowledge Transfer Application Centre(Hong Kong Branch). George is also actively involved in Christian and community services serving in various NGO boards, he is also the founding Chairman of the Family First Hong Kong.
- In November 2004, 2006 and 2008, He was appointed by the Innovation and Technology Commission of the SAR Government to become the member of the Hong Kong Accreditation Service Advisory Board.
- From 2011 till 2014, he was appointed as the member of the Innovation and Technology committee of the Trade Development Council.
- In November 2018, his company Foshan Coram Deo Technology Limited was given an award of “Innovative Service Bronze Prize” in Hong Kong by Hong Kong Greater China SME Alliance Association.
- Again in December 2018, his company Foshan Coram Deo Technology Limited was awarded “New Era China Economy Innovative Enterprise Prize” by the China Economic Personage Activity Evaluation Committee at their 16thChina Economic Personage Annual Meeting in Beijing. At the same time, George himself as the Managing Director of Digi-Advance Technology Limited personally was awarded “China Economy Top Ten Innovative Personage Prize”.
- In January 2019, George was awarded “The First Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Bay Area Excellent Entrepreneurial Legacy Prize” by Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Bay Area Economic and Trade Association in Hong Kong.