Control of Personal Data
Our Hong Kong Foundation Limited (“OHKF” or “we”) respects your legal rights in connection with your Personal Data (as defined in the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486)) and is committed to protecting the privacy, confidentiality and security of the Personal Data which OHKF holds and pledges to comply with the requirements of Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the “Ordinance”). OHKF is also committed to ensuring that all our employees and agents uphold these obligations.
Collection of Personal Data
From time to time and for the purpose of carrying on any operation or business of OHKF, you may be requested to supply Personal Data to OHKF.
Type of Personal Data collected by OHKF may include, but not limited to:-
- Your personal information and contact information such as your name, telephone number, address, email address, fax number, gender, date of birth, identity card number;
- Your business information such as company name and business title;
- Your account details, including account numbers, or user accounts;
- Your educational and professional background; and
- Your image and voice, including photograph, video or audio recordings;
Supply of Personal Data to OHKF is generally non-obligatory but failure to do so may result in OHKF being unable to process your applications or provide you with the relevant services or features (whichever applicable).
Use of Personal Data
Your Personal Data may be used for the following purposes or other purposes which are directly-related to the following purposes:-
- Organising and delivering events and activities;
- Following up and processing application or registration for events and activities;
- Carrying out surveys, analysis and research and collating statistical information;
- Facilitating and maintaining communication;
- Subscription of publications and newsletters;
- Promoting events or activities of OHKF and incorporations of which OHKF is a member (“Member Incorporations”), such as sending you annual reports, newsletters, information or materials regarding activities and events organised or arranged by OHKF and its Member Incorporations;
- Recruitment and human resource management purposes;
- Following up and handling complaints and enquiries;
- Making such disclosures as required by applicable laws, rules and regulations; and
- Such other purposes as specified in the PICS.
Occasionally, OHKF may use or provide to OHKF’s Member Incorporations your name and contact details for sending you marketing or promotional communications containing news and/or promotions about events or activities organised or arranged by OHKF and its Member Incorporations. OHKF may not use your Personal Data or provide your Personal Data to other persons for use in direct marketing unless OHKF has firstly obtained your consent (which includes not indicating an objection) to any intended use or provision.
You can always opt-out from receiving such marketing or promotional communications free-of-charge by contacting OHKF’s Data Protection Officer (whose contact details can be found below). OHKF must, without charge to you, (1) cease to use your Personal Data in direct marketing, (2) cease to provide to OHKF’s Member Incorporations your Personal Data for use in direct marketing; and/or (3) notify OHKF’s Member Incorporations to cease to use your Personal Data in direct marketing, if you so require.
Transfer of Personal Data
The Personal Data provided by you herein will be kept confidential but may be made available, on a need-to-know basis, to the following parties as necessary for any of the purposes stated in the “Use of Personal Data” section above:
- OHKF’s employees, Member Incorporations and the operating units operated by OHKF and its Member Incorporations;
- any agent, contractor or third-party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, information technology, payment or other services to OHKF in connection with its operation;
- any person, government, regulatory or law enforcement authority or administrative organisation to whom OHKF is required by law or the court to disclose or transfer your Personal Data;
- any person under a duty of confidentiality to OHKF, including OHKF’s accountants, legal advisers or other professional advisers; and
- such other parties as specified in the PICS.
Links to Third Party Websites
OHKF’s policy is to retain Personal Data for no longer than is required to fulfil the purposes (or any directly related purposes) for which the data was collected or to be used, subject to legal, statutory and regulatory requirements mandating the retention of data, after which the Personal Data will be erased or destroyed without further notice to you.
Access to and Correction of Personal Data
You are entitled to request access to Personal Data held by OHKF about you and to correct and erase such data in accordance with the provision of the Ordinance. OHKF may charge a reasonable fee for the processing of such data access request.
OHKF will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to or erasing your Personal Data to protect your privacy and identity.
Request for access, correction and/or erasure of your Personal Data, as well as withdrawal of consent, where applicable, should be made to our Data Protection Officer by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to the following address:-
Data Protection Officer
Our Hong Kong Foundation Limited
19/F Nan Fung Tower,
88 Connaught Road Central, Hong Kong
This version was last updated in May 2020.